UAE Announces Informal Agreement for Two More Saab GlobalEye Planes - Using Bombardier Global Aircraft
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
November 19, 2019 - by Valerie Insinna for defensenews.com
The Emirati Ministry of Defence will buy two more GlobalEye airborne early warning planes from Swedish aerospace firm Saab, bringing the country's total number of aircraft to five, officials announced on Tuesday at Dubai Airshow.
No contract has been signed, and the terms of the order will not be set in stone until final negotiations have concluded. However, the sale is worth about $1 billion, Saab stated in a news release.
The United Arab Emirates is the launch customer for the GlobalEye, a modified Bombardier Global 6000 business jet outfitted with Saab's Erieye radar and other sensors that allow it to identify land, sea and air targets...
- Former US defense official: We know UFOs are real - here's why ... ›
- Britain's Sentinel Recon Aircraft Gets an Upgrade Raytheon ... ›
- Russia is About to Get A Close Look at the F-35 Stealth Fighter ... ›
- China Developing Fifth-gen Stealth Fighter-bomber, Says U.S. ... ›
- Did you know? The F-35 Could Reportedly Break Itself if it Goes Too ... ›
- US defence strategy in Indo-Pacific region faces 'unprecedented crisis' ›