UPS and CVS to Deliver Prescriptions by Drone in Florida
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
May 1, 2020 - by uasvision.com
UPS and CVS Health Corporation said that UPS subsidiary UPS Flight Forward (UPSFF) will use drones to deliver prescription medicines from a CVS pharmacy to The Villages, Florida for the largest U.S. retirement community, home to more than 135,000 residents. The service will use Matternet's M2 drone system.
see video and continue reading below...
UPS Flight Forward Attains FAA’s First Full Approval For Drone Airline www.youtube.com
Drone transport offers a fast delivery option for medicines that are time-senstive, while supporting social-distancing efforts. Drone delivery options provide individuals with a convenient alternative to visiting a pharmacy. This program can also help prioritize the protection of our healthcare heroes.
"Our new drone delivery service will help CVS provide safe and efficient deliveries of medicines to this large retirement community, enabling residents to receive medications without leaving their homes," said Scott Price, UPS chief strategy and transformation officer. "UPS is committed to playing its part in fighting the spread of Coronavirus, and this is another way we can support our healthcare customers and individuals with innovative solutions."
UPS and CVS last year announced plans to...
- UPS Gets FAA Nod for Widespread Drone Deliveries - FliegerFaust ›
- Coronavirus News: Pandemic Drone Launches in Westport To ... ›
- Air Canada To Sell Drone Delivery - FliegerFaust ›
- Volocopter, John Deere Partner On Large Ag Drone - FliegerFaust ›
- Drone Flies Dangerously Close to Blue Angels in Detroit America Strong Flyover - FAA Investigation - FliegerFaust ›
- UPS Transformed Cargo Planes to Haul Passengers Every Weekend for Its Short-Lived Charter Service - FliegerFaust ›