Delta's CEO Sent an Email to Customers About Coronavirus and It's a Lesson in Preparing Your Business for Crisis
"For more than a decade, Delta has been preparing for such a scenario."
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
March 11, 2020 - by Jason Aten for inc.com
- "For more than a decade, Delta has been preparing for such a scenario."
The best decisions require the best information.
Of all of the business types affected by the current coronavirus outbreak, airlines are among the hardest hit.
Delta's CEO, Ed Bastian, sent an email this morning to customers, revealing the company's plans for handling the current outbreak. In it, he gives a great lesson in exactly how to handle this type of situation.
Bastian writes that "For more than a decade, Delta has been preparing for such a scenario." Which, in many ways is true. Delta flies to locations around the globe, which means that it has to be ready for a range of events, including viral outbreaks. Specifically, the email mentions relationships with the CDC and the World Health Organization (WHO) that have helped Delta to develop "policies and procedures" to handle such situations...
- FIRST FLIGHT! - DELTA FIRST AIRBUS A220 (CSeries) - First Flight ... ›
- *Delivery Flight!!!* Delta's FIRST Airbus A220-100 (CS100 ... ›
- Video Captures Delta Air Lines MD-88 Engine Failing Mid-Flight ... ›
- Things You Don't Know About The First Delta A220 / CSeries ... ›