Drones in Africa: How They Could Become Lifesavers
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
April 7, 2020 - by Katie Prescott & Sarah Treanor for bbc.com
Death comes fast, says Temie Giwa-Tubosun, as we sit in the scorching sunshine of Rwanda's capital Kigali.
She's talking about post-partum haemorrhage - women bleeding after childbirth.
"I'm always amazed that more attention isn't paid to this - it's the biggest cause of death in childbirth".
Temie's company, Lifebank, delivers life-saving blood to hospitals in her home country of Nigeria, and elsewhere on the continent.
Usually the blood is transported by road or on boats, but in Ethiopia some is moved by drone.
Mr Giwa-Tubosun is visiting Kigali for the first ever African Drone Forum at the shiny convention centre, which looks like a giant beehive crossed with a helter-skelter....
- Drone Comes Within 10 Feet of Hitting Virgin Atlantic Boeing 787 ... ›
- Amazon Hires Boeing Vet To Run Prime Air Drone Delivery Unit ... ›
- UPS Gets FAA Nod for Widespread Drone Deliveries - FliegerFaust ›
- Video: 500 Drones Light Up In Shenzhen, China. - FliegerFaust ›
- Surveillance Plane Joins Intensifying Hunt For Mystery Drones Over ... ›
- Video: Las Vegas Errant Drone Pilot Fined US$20,000 - FliegerFaust ›