Drone Comes Within 10 Feet of Hitting Virgin Atlantic Boeing 787
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
October 23. 2018 - by Max Prosperi for ThePointsGuy
The UK Airprox Board, the agency responsible for investigating aerial near-misses in the United Kingdom, published its monthly report recently, containing an overview of near-misses it had investigated over the past few months. One significant near-miss reported involved a Virgin Atlantic Boeing 787-9 and a civilian drone.
According to the report, the civilian drone came within just 10 feet of the passenger jet as it descended into London-Heathrow (LHR).
Sky News has reported that this incident is likely,
"the closest ever near-miss between one of the gadgets [a drone] and a commercial airliner" in the United Kingdom. The pilots of the Boeing 787-9 bound for London stated that they reported seeing the drone on approach into London Heathrow as they descended through 3,200 feet. The legal maximum altitude for civilian drones in the United Kingdom is just 400 feet.
UK law also restricts drones from...
- Sky Battles: Fighting Back Against Rogue Drones - FliegerFaust ›
- How To Shutdown a Drone: Zala Aero Group REX-1 Drone Jammer ... ›
- Russian Forces in Syria Repelled Massive Drone Attack on ... ›
- Boeing Wins Contract to Build Four Flying Drone Tankers For The ... ›
- Virgin Atlantic Files For Bankruptcy as Covid Continues To Hurt Airlines - FliegerFaust ›
- Lessor Chorus Aviation of Canada is Remarketing Virgin Australia ATRs, Receives Many Rent Relief Requests - FliegerFaust ›