This Cessna Aircraft Will Test an All-Electric Propulsion System
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
June 27, 2019 - by DANIELLE CUTLER for robbereport.com
- AeroTec is prepping to flight test a magniX all-electric propulsion system on a Cessna Caravan 2082B turboprop plane.
Furthering the aviation communities' aim to reduce carbon emissions 50 percent by 2050, Seattle-based AeroTec— which tests, engineers and certifies aerospace projects and products— joined forces with Washington-based magniX to test the magniX 750 horsepower magni500 all-electric propulsion system on a Cessna Caravan 208B single-engined turboprop plane.
The two companies are working together to get magniX's system certified and begin flight testing by the end of 2019.
DInitiatives like the AeroTec and magniX collaboration are bringing the aviation industry—which contributes 12 percent of all US carbon emissions and 4.9 percent globally—closer to eliminating greenhouse-gas emissions. magniX is on a mission to create clean and affordable commercial air travel powered by all-electric propulsion systems that produce zero emissions and increased efficiency....
- Rolls-Royce Guns for Electric Airplane Speed Record - Meet the ... ›
- Rolls-Royce Buys Siemens' Electric Aircraft Business - FliegerFaust ›
- Airbus and SAS Study Hybrid/Electric Flying - FliegerFaust ›
- Video : Embraer's new eVTOL - FliegerFaust ›
- Is Boeing 737 MAX8 seating Getting Tighter? - AirInsight - FliegerFaust ›
- WestJet pilot eyes burned by green laser light while flying to Orlando ... ›
- Cessna 408 (SkyCourier) Successfully Completes First Flight - Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-65 Engine - FliegerFaust ›
- World's Largest All-Electric Plane Takes Flight - It's A Cessna! - FliegerFaust ›