Rolls-Royce Buys Siemens’ Electric Aircraft Business
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
June 20, 2019 - by driveandcontrols.com
Rolls-Royce has agreed to buy Siemen's electric and hybrid-electric aerospace propulsion activities for an undisclosed sum. The move – announced at the Paris Air Show – is aimed at accelerating Rolls' electrification strategy and boosting its ambition to become the leading supplier of electric and hybrid-electric propulsion systems for aircraft and to play a major role in the "third era" of aviation. The acquisition is expected to complete late 2019, following a period of employee consultation.
The business – which Siemens calls eAircraft – is based in Germany and Hungary, and employs around 180 electrical designers and engineers who have been...
- Near Impossibility, Hybrids are Difficult - Electric Aircraft, The First ... ›
- California's Ampaire demonstrates parallel hybrid Cessna 337 ... ›
- Airbus and SAS Study Hybrid/Electric Flying - FliegerFaust ›
- Rolls-Royce Guns for Electric Airplane Speed Record - Meet the ... ›
- Electric aircraft builder announces new engine option - FliegerFaust ›
- Electric Aircraft Builder Poised To Start Production Near Everett, Washington State - FliegerFaust ›