Video Captures Delta Air Lines MD-88 Engine Failing Mid-Flight Before Emergency Landing
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
July 10, 2019 - by Tom McKay for gizmodo.com
There are many things that one never wants to see out a plane window, and this is definitely one of them. In a video posted to Twitter by user Logan Webb, one of Delta Flight 1425's engines can be seen with what appears to be its spinner completely detached and rattling around in the inlet, all while an extremely ominous orange glow emanates from deeper within from the still-spinning shaft.
Video I took from my seat on my flight from Atlanta to Baltimore yesterday! Thanks @Delta for the silly smooth emergency landing! #perfect #execution To use this video in a commercial player or in broadcasts, please email firstname.lastname@example.org pic.twitter.com/TUFzREl0Lc
— Logan Webb (@Micahlifa) July 9, 2019
Flight 1425, which per ABC News was "32-year-old [McDonnell Douglas] MD-88...
the MD-88 is the "oldest plane in service with any major U.S. airline" and has earned a notorious reputation among pilots due to its antiquated controls, cramped cockpit, and extreme noisiness. In 2017, Bloomberg reported that Delta had taken to offering junior pilots fast-track to captain status if they agreed to fly routes using the jet...
- Today: Southwest Boeing 737 Max Makes Emergency Landing After ... ›
- Air India Pilot Averts Massive Disaster, Saves 370 Lives by Manually ... ›
- Video: Pilot seriously hurt in emergency landing of vintage Corsair ... ›
- Air Canada flight makes emergency landing at YVR - Airbus A320 ... ›
- Air Canada flight AC1911 to Toronto Forced to Make Emergency ... ›