Airbus Proposes Eurofighter Typhoon - To Secure Germany's Tornado Replacement
Eurofighter combat aircraft as it looks to secure Germany's Tornado replacement requirement
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
November 6, 2019 - by Gareth Jennings, Manching, Germany for janes.com
Airbus Defence and Space (DS) has showcased a new electronic attack and counter-ground-based air defence variant of the Eurofighter combat aircraft as it looks to secure Germany's Tornado replacement requirement.
Speaking at the company's Manching facility in southern Germany on 5 November, Kurt Rossner, head of Air Combat, provided the first insight into Airbus DS plans for an Electronic Combat Reconnaissance (ECR)/Suppression of Enemy Air Defences (SEAD) version of the Eurofighter to replace the Luftwaffe's Tornado ECR aircraft.
This Tornado ECR replacement covers 40 aircraft as part of the wider Tornado IDR/ECR replacement programme for 85 aircraft.
As noted by Rossner, the ECR/SEAD configuration is a collaborative German industrial effort and forms part of the key technology roadmap for the aircraft. An ECR/SEAD Eurofighter offers the possibility of combining the...
- BRAVO CANADA? NOT!!! - Airbus Pulls OUT Of Canada's Fighter ... ›
- Removing F-35 Engine Takes At Least 36 Hours! 60 Minutes on a ... ›
- Production started for the Eurofighter Typhoon for the State of Kuwait ›
- Spain To Buy More Eurofighter Typhoons To Replace Aging F/A-18 Hornet Fighter Jets - FliegerFaust ›
- Airbus Signs Contract for 38 Eurofighters With Germany - FliegerFaust ›