America Is Stuck With a $400 Billion F-35 Stealth Fighter That Can’t Fight
The planes have had several previously unreported 'category 1' flaws—military parlance for issues that can prevent a pilot from accomplishing their mission
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
June 14, 2019 - by David Axe for thedailybeast.com
- The problems might also help to explain why acting defense secretary Patrick Shanahan reportedly described the F-35 program as "fucked up."
Here's something the public didn't know until today: If one of the U.S. military's new F-35 stealth fighters has to climb at a steep angle in order to dodge an enemy attack, design flaws mean the plane might suddenly tumble out of control and crash.
Also, some versions of the F-35 can't accelerate to supersonic speed without melting their own tails or shedding the expensive coating that helps to give the planes their radar-evading qualities.
The Pentagon's $400-billion F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program, one of the biggest and most expensive weapons programs in history, has come under fire, so to speak, over more than a decade for delays, rising costs, design problems and technical glitches.
But startling reports by trade publication Defense News on Wednesday revealed flaws that previously only builder Lockheed Martin, the military, and the plane's foreign buyers knew about...
- Justin Trudeau Said he Would Not Buy the F-35 - Reuters ... ›
- Japan lost an F-35 in the Pacific, and the US is in trouble if Russia or ... ›
- Meet the Lockheed F-35 Stealth Fighter's Dirty Little Secret ... ›
- Removing F-35 Engine Takes At Least 36 Hours! 60 Minutes on a ... ›
- Germany Recently Eliminated The Lockheed Martin F-35 Stealth Fighter From The Competition - Why Not Canada? - FliegerFaust ›