The foam being a very corrosive product did create a layer of oxidation on the A220 fuselage...
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
10:55 AM (14:55 UTC) - September 23, 2019 - by Sylvain Faust for fliegerfaust.com
According to the latest information received about the false fire alarm (September 13) that happened inside the Airbus A320 final assembly line building in Mobile, Alabama few days ago, two aircraft have been affected, one A320 and one A220.
This is not an isolated event and did happen three times so far.
The foam being a very corrosive product did create a layer of oxidation on the A220 fuselage currently being assembled inside the A320 building. The new A220 building and FAL (final assembly line) paid by Bombardier is still currently under construction.
It is currently unclear what will be the decision regarding those affected aircraft and what their designated customers would say.
The A220 aircraft affected by this unexpected corrosive material is the first A220 that the Mobile, Alabama Airbus team was putting together and was to be delivered to Delta Airlines. This particular aircraft is an A220-300 manufacturer serial number (MSN) 55069.
Airbus has added a delay of 5 weeks to the production of this first A220 aircraft until further determining what its future will be while Delta is certainly taking a concerned attitude and watching the situation closely.
The A320 affected aircraft being at the delivery stage was lightly affected since it was already painted.
By Sylvain Faust
PS: You want to be part of the first to know next time?
Want to help Fliegerfaust? Do each of the following and you might!!!
Painless and quick to do!
- 1- Enter your email : Subscribe to the Free Newsletter. Do it now!
- 2- Like/Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page!
- 3- Follow Fliegerfaust on Instagram!
- 4- Follow TheFliegerfaust twitter account!
- 5- Click and Visit some of our advertisers, this help keep Fliegerfaust free. They have some interesting stuff for you to!
Thanks to you for your help! Keep reading and sharing Fliegerfaust with others!
Original Fliegerfaust.com content is Copyright Fliegerfaust.com 2019
- Airbus New A220-500 is the Boeing 737 MAX Killer? - FliegerFaust ›
- Warship selected by Canada won't be in U.S. competition ... ›
- New Fighter Aircraft Selection Process - What Matters For The ... ›
- BRAVO CANADA? NOT!!! - Airbus Pulls OUT Of Canada's Fighter ... ›
- A220 - Airbus Scrapping Three (3) Already Built Aircraft - Production ... ›