Read: Boeing 777-200LR Large hole in plane's engine causes emergency landing from Qatar to Auckland Flight QR920
"When we started seeing the fuel being unloaded we realised something was wrong." - Qatar Airways flight, QR920,
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
August 12, 2019 - by nzherald.co.nz
- "When we started seeing the fuel being unloaded we realised something was wrong."
A passenger aboard a diverted Qatar Airways flight has described the large hole in the engine that caused an emergency landing.
Andy and Tisha Riley had been on a three-week holiday in the United Kingdom, and were into the second leg of their long-haul flight back to New Zealand when they were alerted to the need for the plane to return to Doha.
"We took off and had a bit of a noise coming from the engine. It was like a fan going around, but nothing really dramatic," Andy Riley, from Paremoremo, said.
"When we got up the pilot started to descend and came over the intercom to make everyone calm. He said there was nothing wrong but we were going to go down and check out the aircraft.
- Air Canada Rouge Aircraft Diverts in an Emergency After Suspected ... ›
- Air Canada flight AC1911 to Toronto Forced to Make Emergency ... ›
- British Airways Plane Catches Fire, Cabin Crew Handle Emergency ... ›
- A Scoot Airbus A320 makes Emergency Landing at Chennai airport ... ›
- An Emergency Locator Transmitter (ELT) is an emergency beacon ... ›
- Airbus A330 Makes Emergency Landing - FliegerFaust ›
- Montreal-Fort Lauderdale flight makes emergency landing due to ... ›