Bombardier To Phase Out Another 2500 Jobs
Cut 5000 jobs worldwide by 2021
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
December 7, 2019 - by Dieter Fockenbrock for handelsblatt.com
One of the major suppliers of Deutsche Bahn, the locomotive engineer Bombardier, is apparently again facing a profound change.
According to information from business circles up to 2500 employees of the manufacturer of rail vehicles could be affected. The company did not want to comment on request.
Bombardier currently employs 8500 people in its German plants.
For Bombardier it would be the third restructuring plan within this decade. In 2016, the efficiency enhancement program removed a large proportion of jobs in Germany .
Of the 5,500 jobs to be embezzled worldwide, 2,200 were located in factories located mostly in eastern Germany.
These jobs should be phased out by 2020, according to a company agreement.
Just over a year ago, the corporate management stepped down. In the fall of 2018, Bombardier Transportation announced it would cut 5000 jobs worldwide by 2021.
- Is Bombardier Preparing to Replace Bellemare as CEO ... ›
- German Military Refuses To Take Delivery Of Two Airbus A400M ... ›
- German air force unable to train pilots because of shortage of planes ... ›
- Lufthansa of Germany Does Its Aircraft Paint and Maintenance In ... ›
- Turkey may opt to buy Russia's Su-57 fifth generation fighter, instead ... ›