See: Most Performance Differences Between Old F/A 18 Hornet and the New F/A 18 Super Hornet...
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
May 10 ,2020 - by quora.com
The Super Hornet is almost a new aircraft when compared to the Hornet. It's almost like comparing the YF-17 to the F/A-18. Larger wings, larger fuselage, more powerful engines, new air intakes, new avionics, the lot.
The newest model, F18 Super Hornet, is highly capable across the full mission spectrum: air superiority, fighter escort, reconnaissance, aerial refueling, close air support, air defense suppression and day/night precision strike.
Compared to the original F/A-18 A through D models, Super Hornet has longer range, an aerial refueling capability, increased survivability/lethality and improved carrier suitability.
F18 Features: The F/A-18 Hornet, an all-weather aircraft, is used as an attack aircraft as well as a fighter. In its fighter mode, the F/A-18 is used primarily as a fighter escort and for fleet air defense; in its attack mode, it is used for force projection, interdiction and close and deep air support.
F18 Background: The F/A-18 demonstrated its capabilities and versatility during Operation Desert Storm, shooting down enemy fighters and subsequently bombing...
- Navy Super Hornets Hit Big 80 Percent Readiness Goal, But ... ›
- Why the Navy's F/A-18 Super Hornet Is Still One Dangerous Fighter ... ›
- Boeing CF-18 Replacement - You Need To Know About Its ... ›
- F-35: ONE Engine is Safer than TWO!?? - Says Pratt & Whitney ... ›
- Super Hornets to Gain Counter-Stealth Capability with New IRST ... ›
- Let's Take A Look At How Germany Decided To Adopt New Boeing ... ›