India Suspends Domestic Flights As Coronavirus Spreads
Majority of country under lockdown as worries emerge of big jump in Covid-19 cases
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
March 23, 2020 - by Reuters for thequardian.com
India has announced that it is stopping domestic flights and said the majority of the country was under complete lockdown to stop the spread of coronavirus as the number of people dying from the disease increased across south Asia.
India has reported 471 cases of coronavirus, but health experts have said that a big jump could be imminent, which would overwhelm the underfunded and crumbling public health infrastructure.
On Monday, India confirmed two more deaths, bringing the total to nine. One was a 54-year-old man with no history of foreign travel, suggesting the start of community transmission of the virus, officials said.
Streets were deserted in the national capital, New Delhi, and offices have been shut at the start of a lockdown that will remain in place till the end of March....
- India: 222 Commercial Pilots Grounded — Primarily For Two ... ›
- Longview Suspends Production Of Dash 8-400 And Series 400 Twin ... ›
- De Havilland Canada Sues India's SpiceJet - FliegerFaust ›
- Air India Pilot Averts Massive Disaster, Saves 370 Lives by Manually ... ›
- Ever Wondered What a Q400 Would Look Like as a Freighter? - FliegerFaust ›