IndiGo grounds seven A320neos over P&W engine problems - IndiGo Airlines (6E, Delhi Int'l) has grounded at leas...
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
IndiGo Airlines (6E, Delhi Int'l) has grounded at least seven of its A320neo aircraft over ongoing problems with the Pratt & Whitney PW1100 geared turbofan engines. Analysis of FlightRadar24 ADS-B data shows that the following aircraft have been in Delhi for at least the past ten days:
- VT-ITG (msn 6868) since May 16
- VT-ITF (msn 6860) since June 21
- VT-ITN (msn 7252) since June 21
- VT-ITJ (msn 6967) since June 26
- VT-ITM (msn 7053) since June 27
- VT-ITK (msn 7001) since June 30
- VT-ITS (msn 6772) since July 8
Replacement engines have been slow in coming to the Indian low-cost carrier, as the engine-maker needs to prioritise new aircraft coming off the production line. "PW is facing this issue on the A320neos globally. Due to this, it is unable to supply replacement engines at the required pace," an unnamed source told The Times of India.