Trump is Soft On Iran - Trump's Parting Gift: An Iran with Nuclear Weapons?
A nuclear-armed Iran is going to be one of Donald Trump's going-away presents to the international community.
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
October 7, 2019 - by Amitai Etzioni for nationalinterest.org
Rarely are one's predictions as quickly tested as those I made in August
I suggested that the United States' lame response to Iran's aggressive actions would lead to escalation. It was not hard to predict.
It seemed obvious to me that, unable to get the European Union to help meaningfully circumvent U.S. sanctions, Iran concluded that it ought to cause pain to those who imposed them.
It carefully probed how far it could go without facing a forceful response.
First, its forces planted mines on oil tankers, but above their waterline, so the tankers did not sink and there was no loss of life. Iran denies any involvement in this initial act. It then admitted that it shot down a U.S. drone, but tried to argue that it was flying over Iranian territory when it happened.
These aggressions led to a very weak Western response (mainly the application of meaningless sanctions on Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei). As a result, Iran escalated further by capturing an oil tanker and openly acknowledging that it had begun enriching its uranium...
- Here is what you need to know to register your drone - FliegerFaust ›
- Deceptive Practices by Iran With Respect To The Civil Aviation ... ›
- The Secrets of the United Arab Emirates Spy Bombardier Global ... ›
- Expecting You To Be Stupid And Keep You Uninformed... The Media Are So MAD - About What? - FliegerFaust ›
- Airbus' H160 Mutli-Role Helicopter Awarded EASA Certification - FliegerFaust ›
- Iran Air Is Looking For A Buyer For Its Ancient Aircraft - Boeing 747, Airbus... - FliegerFaust ›
- CANADA trying to exploit the grief of Flight 752 victims' families, IRAN says - FliegerFaust ›