Israel 'Modified' Their F-35 Stealth Fighters. The Results Speak for Themselves - Canada Dropped Out Of The F-35 Program
Israel's F-35I is customized for Jerusalem's preferences.
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
October 20, 2019 - by Sebastien Roblin for nationalinterest.org
- Israel's F-35I is customized for Jerusalem's preferences.
On May 22, 2018 Israeli Air Force commander Amikam Norkin announced that its F-35I stealth fighters had flown on two combat missions on "different fronts," showing as proof a photograph of an F-35 overflying Beirut.
While details on those missions have not been released—apparently, they were not deployed in a massive Israeli air attack on Iranian forces in Syria that took place on May 9, 2018—this nonetheless apparently confirmed the first combat operations undertaken by any variant of the controversial stealth jet, which is currently entering service with the militaries of ten countries after undergoing over two decades of development.
In fact, Israel's F-35I Adir—or "Mighty Ones"—will be the only F-35 variant to enter service heavily tailored to a foreign country's specifications.
Successful F-35 Drag Chute Test In Norway www.youtube.com
There had been plans for a Canadian CF-35, with a different refueling probe and drogue-parachute to allow landing on short Arctic air strips, but Ottawa dropped out of the F-35 program.
Though not an investor in the F-35's development, Tel Aviv was nonetheless quick to sign on to the program with an initial order of fifty. It also negotiated a favorable deal in which billions of dollars worth of F-35 wings and sophisticated helmet sets would be manufactured in Israel, paid for with U.S. military aid.
Furthermore, depot-level maintenance will occur in a facility operated by Israeli Aeronautics Industries rather than at a Lockheed facility abroad...
- How British spies smuggled secrets about Putin's new TU-160 ... ›
- Meet the Lockheed F-35 Stealth Fighter's Dirty Little Secret ... ›
- The Secrets of the United Arab Emirates Spy Bombardier Global ... ›
- israeli and canadian companies team up on breakthrough spy drones ›
- Lockheed F-35 Is Old School: France and Germany Have Big 6th Generation Fighter Dreams - FliegerFaust ›
- News: Israel Shot Down Drone On Golan Heights... - FliegerFaust ›
- Pentagon Releases Terrifying Video Of Russian Su-27 Turning Directly In Front Of A B-52 And... - FliegerFaust ›
- Finally We Can See South Korea Upcoming New Stealth Fighter! - FliegerFaust ›
- Control of Israel's El Al Airlines Bought By 27-Year-Old Student - FliegerFaust ›