Indian satellite destruction created 400 pieces of debris, endangering ISS: NASA
NASA says satellite that India shot down may threaten the ISS
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
April 2, 2019 - by Steve Dent for engadget.co
- The test was a "terrible, terrible thing," said NASA chief Jim Bridenstine.
Addressing employees, he said a missile that shot down a satellite created at least 400 pieces of orbital debris, including 60 larger than 6 inches in size.
While the satellite was well below the ISS, 24 of the pieces were blasted above its apogee, creating a potential risk. "It's unacceptable and NASA needs to be very clear about what its impact to us is," Bridenstine said.
- What the Heck Happened on the International Space Station ... ›
- Solar Storm: Evidence Found of Huge Eruption From Sun ... ›
- Video: UFO Buzzes Japan Airline Crew - CIA Told FAA To Shut Up ... ›
- Boeing Reports Strong First-Quarter Results; Raises Cash Flow and ... ›
- This is how amazing (and deadly) the Mach 6 SR-72 'Son of ... ›
- Just Don’t Call Them UFOs - FliegerFaust ›
- First 5 Rafale Fighter Aircraft Take Off For India - Deal Worth 7.87 Billion Euros - FliegerFaust ›