ISRAELI AND CANADIAN COMPANIES TEAM UP ON BREAKTHROUGH SPY DRONES
Israel Aerospace Industries va fournir des drones d'espionnage au Canada - L3 MAS - Pratt & Whitney Canads
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
June 5, 2018 - By ANNA AHRONHEIM - The Jerusalem Post
Updated June 7, 2018 - more on this story here http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2018/06/07/des-dr...
Ottawa has been seeking a high-altitude, long-endurance system for surveillance as well as an armed UAV for its deployments abroad.
Israel Aerospace Industries has partnered with Canada's L3 MAS (Mirabel, Quebec) to offer the state-of-the-art Artemis Unmanned Aerial System for the Royal Canadian Air Force's Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS) program, the company announced on Sunday.
Based on IAI's Heron TP, the Artemis UAS is a Medium Altitude Long Endurance (MALE) UAS with a proven operational track record. While it is not clear if it will be a weaponized UAS, it will be equipped with a wide variety of sensors and other payloads designed specifically to meet Canada's requirements.
Even though Israel is not a member of the Missile Technology Control Regime – an informal voluntary association of 35 countries which act to limit trade in UAS systems that can deliver Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMDs) – it has agreed to only export strategic weapons systems such as combat UAVs to member countries, such as Canada.
According to IAI, L3 MAS will be the prime contractor and will be building on its extensive ISS, airworthiness, integrated logistics and program management experience.
L3 MAS, which is located in Mirabel, Quebec, will also lead the Artemis Canadian industrial team, including Pratt & Whitney Canada, which will provide the power plant for the UAS, as well as other prominent Canadian partners to be named at a later date.
- Bombardier Increasing its Investments in Israel Aerospace ... ›
- ANALYSIS: Saab on a High with GlobalEye - FliegerFaust ›
- US Army orders Black Hornets - FliegerFaust ›
- Russian Forces in Syria Repelled Massive Drone Attack on ... ›
- Here Are The First Public Images From Israel's Newest Spy Satellite - FliegerFaust ›
- Quebec’s Aerospace and Defence Impact By COVID19... Reports here - FliegerFaust ›
- L3 Shows Multi-mission Conversion of Bombardier Q400 - FliegerFaust ›