Lufthansa Warns It Will Emerge From Pandemic As Smaller Business
World's second-largest airline has already grounded 700 of its 763 planes
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
March 19, 2020 - by Joe Miller in Frankfurt for ft.com
The world's second-largest airline Lufthansa has warned that the aviation industry will be hit much harder than the rest of the global economy by the coronavirus pandemic, and that it is likely to emerge as a smaller business. "
The Lufthansa Group after the crisis won't return to the old normal status and just continue flying as usual," said chief executive Carsten Spohr. "
We react twice as strongly to changes in the world economy," he added. "Lufthansa Group as a result will shrink."
The airline has...
- Video: 4K 360° COCKPIT CAM: Airbus A380 Takeoff, Lufthansa from ... ›
- Man Dresses Up As Lufthansa Pilot To Escape Long Airport Queues ... ›
- Breaking: Lufthansa To Ground Entire Airbus A380 Fleet - FliegerFaust ›
- FAA Proposes US$6.4 Million Civil Penalty Against Lufthansa ... ›
- Is Lufthansa Preparing for Bankruptcy? - FliegerFaust ›