Russia Now Has At Least 14 Combat Jets In Libya As Satellite Images Reveal New Details
It's now clear that the Kremlin has launched a major airpower intervention into the country.
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
May 28, 2020 - by JOSEPH TREVITHICK for thedrive.com
The U.S. military's top command for operations in Africa says that Russia has sent at least 14 combat jets to Libya and that Russian military pilots are flying them. It has also released additional satellite imagery shot last week showing two MiG-29 Fulcrums at Al Jufrah Air Base in the center of that country.
continue reading below
ISI's #intelligence located #Russian #military elements at Al-Jufrah airbase, #Libya. The enhanced Russian presence includes Mig-29, Mig-23 fighters, trucks, helicopters, vehicles, and a new #radar system. pic.twitter.com/rv7TbEeYWd
— ImageSat Intl. (@ImageSatIntl) May 27, 2020
U.S. Africa Command (AFRICOM) Tweeted out the new imagery and information on May 27, 2020.
The satellite images are dated May 20, a day before the first reports began to emerge that Russian MiG-29s, as well as Su-24 Fencers, had touched down in Libya.
The satellite images show various supporting equipment, including at least one...
- Bombardier Challenger Business Jet to Take on Military Missions ... ›
- The U.S. Military Is Using Solar-Powered Balloons To Spy on Parts ... ›
- The Russian Military Hypersonic Weapon Now Operational - Flying ... ›
- DARPA Scraps Boeing XS-1 Military Space Plane Project After ... ›
- 'Astonishing' - Veteran Military Pilots See First Survey Data On How ... ›
- The US Military Operates A Fleet Of Modified Civilian Boeing And ... ›