China’s meter wave anti-stealth radar capable of guiding missiles to destroy stealth aircraft: senior designer
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
May 26, 2019 - by By Liu Xuanzun for globaltime.cn
China's meter wave anti-stealth radar not only detects advanced stealth aircraft, but also guides missiles to destroy them, a senior Chinese radar designer said at a recent interview.
Meter wave radar can be deployed on vehicles, on land and warships, creating a dense web that gives hostile stealth aircraft nowhere to hide, Chinese military experts told the Global Times on Thursday.
"As long as they are designed to serve this purpose, meter wave anti-stealth radars can fulfill the requirement," Wu Jianqi, a senior scientist at the state-owned China Electronics Technology Group Corporation (CETC) who conducts researches and designs anti-stealth radar, said when asked in an interview with the Naval & Merchant Ships magazine whether a meter wave radar can guide missiles to shoot down stealth aircraft.
Meter wave radars can detect stealth aircraft because modern stealth aircraft are mainly designed to avoid detection by microwave radar, and are less stealthy to...
- Justin Trudeau Said he Would Not Buy the F-35 - Reuters ... ›
- Production started for the Eurofighter Typhoon for the State of Kuwait ›
- Airbus picks Elta radars for Canadian C295 fleet - FlightGlobal ... ›
- Trump's new Pentagon Chief Reportedly Hates the F-35 — Here's ... ›
- Largest Navigation Change Since Radar... - FliegerFaust ›
- Finally We Can See South Korea Upcoming New Stealth Fighter! - FliegerFaust ›