U.S. Air Force F-35A Jets Depart for Second Combat Deployment This Year
The 4th Fighter Squadron returned to Hill two weeks ago from a 6-month deployment to Al Dhafra. It was the Air Force's first F-35A combat deployment.
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
November 24, 2019 - for defpost.com
- The 4th Fighter Squadron returned to Hill two weeks ago from a 6-month deployment to Al Dhafra. It was the Air Force's first F-35A combat deployment.
he U.S. Air Force F-35A Lightning II stealth fighter jets departed Hill Air Force Base last week for Al Dhafra Air Base, UAE, to support the U.S. Air Force Central Command mission in the Middle East.
This is the second combat deployment of F-35A fighters this year.
The group of Airmen is made up of pilots from the active-duty 34th Fighter Squadron, part of USAF 388th Fighter Wing, and Reserve 466th Fighter Squadron, part of 419th Fighter Wing, as well as active duty and Reserve Airmen in the 34th Aircraft Maintenance Unit, and personnel in other support functions.
"I'm extremely proud of all of our Airmen in the 388th and 419th fighter wings," said Col. Steven Behmer, 388th Fighter Wing commander. "Both they and this platform are absolutely ready for this short-notice tasking, bringing the unique combat capabilities of the F-35A to the fight."...
- VIDEO- US military says Venezuela fighter jet made an 'unsafe ... ›
- WARNING: F-35 Jets: Chinese-Owned Company Making Parts for ... ›
- Justin Trudeau Said he Would Not Buy the F-35 - Reuters ... ›
- F-35: ONE Engine is Safer than TWO!?? - Says Pratt & Whitney ... ›
- Stealthy No More? A German Radar Vendor Tracked The F-35 — F ... ›