China May Have Operational Anti-Satellite (ASAT) Program, Reports Say
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
April 1, 2020 - by Jen DiMascio for aviationweek.com
China appears to have developed at least one and perhaps three direct-ascent anti-satellite (DA-ASAT) programs, one of which appears to have been declared operational, according to a pair of reports issued March 30 on global space threats.
"Chinese DA-ASAT capability against [low Earth orbit] targets is likely mature and may be operationally fielded on mobile launchers," a report by the Secure World Foundation (SWF) says.
"Chinese DA-ASAT capability against deep space targets (medium Earth orbit and geostationary orbit] is likely still in the experimental or development phase, and there is not sufficient evidence to conclude whether it will become an operational capability in the near future."
The SC-19, also known as the DN-1, is...
- SPACEFORCE! : He Knows Something... UFO? Aliens? President ›
- Mysterious X-37B space plane lands after record 780 days in orbit ... ›
- If America's Military Is So Strong, How Are Russia And China ... ›
- The Air Force's New Weapon Is…Shipping Containers? - FliegerFaust ›
- DARPA Scraps Boeing XS-1 Military Space Plane Project After ... ›
- The Russian Military Hypersonic Weapon Now Operational - Flying ... ›