Analysis: The Asia-Pacific Arms Race Has Taken An Ominous Turn...
As China increases its military might and trust in US alliances erode, Australia and Japan are going on the offensive
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
July 12, 2020 - by Alex Gatopoulos for aljazeera.com
- As China increases its military might and trust in US alliances erode, Australia and Japan are going on the offensive.
Within days of each other, two key United States allies - Australia and Japan - announced their intentions to boost defence spending and adopt a more aggressive military posture. Rising tensions in the Asia-Pacific region account for what is being called a "game-changer" in the way the two countries think about protecting themselves from China's rapid military expansion.
Australia's announcement in late June that it would boost defence spending over the next decade by 40 percent caught most observers by surprise.
Prime Minister Scott Morrison stated clearly that the world post-COVID-19 will be "poorer, more dangerous and...
- Australia's Pivot From Defence to Offence Counters Beijing's 'Military ... ›
- Germany Recently Eliminated The Lockheed Martin F-35 Stealth ... ›
- 'Military Adventurism' in Indo-Pacific: Expert ›
- If America's Military Is So Strong, How Are Russia And China ... ›
- "Russia is establishing a long-term military deployment on the ... ›