Image Shows Russia Extending Runway At Arctic Base, Could Support Fighter Jets, Bombers... Or?
The runway expansion could point to forthcoming permanent or semi-permanent deployments of combat jets to Moscow's most northerly base.
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
Recent satellite imagery that The War Zone has obtained shows that the Russian military is significantly lengthening the runway at Nagurskoye Air Base, its remote northernmost military outpost, situated in the increasingly strategic Arctic region.
The facility, which the Kremlin announced is now operating year-round in April, looks to soon be more than capable of supporting regular deployments of heavy airpower assets and even forward-basing contingents of tactical combat aircraft, such as the MiG-31 Foxhound interceptor.
The image of the base as of Aug. 13, 2020, which The War Zone obtained from Planet Labs, shows that the airstrip, which work is complete, will be...
- SPACEFORCE! : He Knows Something... UFO? Aliens? President ... ›
- The Secrets of the United Arab Emirates Spy Bombardier Global ... ›
- German air force unable to train pilots because of shortage of planes ... ›
- If America's Military Is So Strong, How Are Russia And China ... ›
- U.S. Army Flickr Page Inadvertently Reveals New Hypersonic ... ›
- The Way To Wash An Aircraft Jet Engine? - See Video... - FliegerFaust ›