Top Trump Adviser Peter Navarro Disparages Canada's Military Efforts In Afghanistan
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
"Every time that a Canadian shows up in a uniform, it's doing us a favour? How's that work?" That was a comment by Peter Navarro, an economist serving as director of the Office of Trade and Manufacturing Policy for U.S. President Donald Trump, published in a new book called "The Madman Theory: Trump Takes On the World."
Navarro's comments were aimed at Canadian soldiers who served in the U.S.-led war in Afghanistan. More than 40,000 members of the Canadian Armed Forces participated in the NATO mission after the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks.
Did you know? "Approximately 40 Joint Task Force 2 (JTF2) assaulters were sent to southern Afghanistan in early December 2001, although the Canadian public was not informed of the deployment, following the American declaration of a War on Terror. Sean M. Maloney's book Enduring the Freedom, however, reported that JTF2 was secretly deployed without Prime Minister Jean Chrétien's knowledge in early October 2001." Read more https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_in_the_War_in_Afghanistan
During the 12-year operation, 158 Canadian soldiers died, while thousands more returned with mental and physical injuries.
"Were they doing us a favour, or were they brought into the idea they needed to do that as part of the global effort against terrorists?" Navarro is quoted in the book as saying....
- Stealthy No More? A German Radar Vendor Tracked The F-35 — F ... ›
- WARNING: F-35 Jets: Chinese-Owned Company Making Parts for ... ›
- This NATO Member Regrets Buying America's F-35 Stealth Fighter ... ›
- The U.S. Military Is Using Solar-Powered Balloons To Spy on Parts ... ›
- Remember Boeing's response to the Bombardier CSeries — What ... ›
- Boeing Increasingly Relied on Outsourced $9-An-Hour Engineers ... ›
- New Trump Tariff Excludes Aircraft Built In Canada, Mirabel Made ... ›