BRAVO CANADA? NOT!!! - Airbus Pulls OUT Of Canada's Fighter Jet Competition Following Complaints
Airbus was also concerned about the way the government was handling the "competition"... The Canadian Department of Defence Got a Slap In The Face by Airbus For a Reason...
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
August 30, 2019 - by Canadian Press for ottawasun.com
Simon Jacques, president of Airbus Defence and Space Canada, said in a statement the revised industrial benefits regime "does not sufficiently value the binding commitments the Typhoon Canada package was willing to make." Airbus was offering to build each Typhoon in Canada
- Read also: Tell me, has anyone observed some traffic in and out of the OCIEC office (Office of the Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner) yet? Could the RCMP have been contacted too?
European aerospace giant Airbus is pulling out of the high-stakes competition to build Canada's next fighter jet.
- Read also New Fighter Aircraft Selection Process - What Matters For The Canadian Department of National Defence Is The "Perceived" Objectivity...
Airbus was one of four companies that had been expected to bid on the $19-billion contract to build 88 new fighter jets that will replace the Royal Canadian Air Force's aging CF-18s.
- Read also All You Need To Know About The Replacement Of The Canadian Boeing CF-18 Fighter Jets - Or the chronicle of (another) announced disaster.
But the company told the government today that it will not enter its Eurofighter Typhoon plane in the competition.
- Read also ONE Engine is Safer than TWO!?? - Says Pratt & Whitney Publicity to Influence the Process in Canada Favoring The F-35 Aircraft
Airbus had previously complained about a change the government made to the process that benefits rival Lockheed Martin's F-35, loosening a long-standing requirement that companies promise to re-invest in Canada...
- CANADA Jet fighter purchasing contract is rigged - FliegerFaust ›
- New Fighter Aircraft Selection Process - What Matters For The ... ›
- ONE Engine is Safer than TWO!?? - Says Pratt & Whitney Publicity to ... ›
- Meet the Lockheed F-35 Stealth Fighter's Dirty Little Secret ... ›