RIP Stealth: An F-15 Pilot Explains How to Beat an F-35 in Battle
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
August 6, 2019 - by Dario Leone for nationalinterest.org
In an interview with Defense News, Capt. Brock McGehee, an F-15 pilot from the 44th Fighter Squadron (FS) says the F-35A has been defeated by the Eagle during mock dogfight training.
According to McGehee the F-35 is an "extremely capable" air-to-air fighter. "It's just kind of scary a little bit to fly around in the dark with an invisible airplane that's around you somewhere," he pointed out. "Those guys are very good pilots, their situational awareness is very high and they do a good job of keeping us in the loop of where they are when they're on the same team as us."
McGehee explained that like its fifth-generation brother, the F-22 Raptor, the F-35 is very difficult to detect at long distances thanks to its stealthiness. But in close combat, an F-15 will engage an F-22 and F-35 very differently, he said...
- New Fighter Aircraft Selection Process - What Matters For The ... ›
- All You Need To Know About The Replacement Of The Canadian ... ›
- WARNING: F-35 Jets: Chinese-Owned Company Making Parts for ... ›
- Removing F-35 Engine Takes At Least 36 Hours! 60 Minutes on a ... ›
- Lockheed Martin F-35 Program 'Plagued' By Troubles - U.S. Senator ... ›
- Justin Trudeau Said he Would Not Buy the F-35 - Reuters ... ›