Not Good: China Claims It Can Find and Track the F-22 - Not a good news for the F-35 also
The end of stealth?
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
October 10, 2019 - by by Michael Peck for nationalinterest.org
In addition, it also functions as a fire control radar that can guide missiles toward stealthy jets like the F-35.
Meter wave radar can be deployed on vehicles, on land and warships, creating a dense web that gives hostile stealth aircraft nowhere to hide," said China's Global Times.
Chinese scientists say they have solved a fundamental dilemma inherent to radar. High-frequency radars, such as microwave radars, emit a lot of short pulses that are good for guiding weapons to a target. Low-frequency radars, that emit waves that are meters long, are better for searching an area but aren't precise enough for fire control (here's a quick primer). That means high- and low-frequency radars tend to be paired for search and fire control.
Stealth aircraft are shaped to avoid detection by high-frequency beams. "Meter wave radars can detect stealth aircraft because modern stealth aircraft are mainly designed to avoid detection by microwave radar, and are less stealthy to meter wave radar," said Global Times.
Wei Dongxu, a Chinese military analyst, told Global Times that "this significantly enhances the radar's ability to track an aerial target, pinpointing the stealth aircraft's exact coordinates by...
Read more https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/not-good-china-claims-it-can-find-and-track-f-22-86751
- New Fighter Aircraft Selection Process - What Matters For The ... ›
- Stealthy No More? A German Radar Vendor Tracked The F-35 — F ... ›
- RIP Stealth: An F-15 Pilot Explains How to Beat an F-35 in Battle ... ›
- China's meter wave anti-stealth radar capable of guiding missiles to ... ›
- German air force unable to train pilots because of shortage of planes ... ›
- The U.S. Military Is Using Solar-Powered Balloons To Spy on Parts ... ›
- Chinese Army Is Ready: Largest Base Has Replicas Of Taiwan's Presidential Building, Eiffel Tower... - FliegerFaust ›
- France Plans Billions of Euros to Rescue Aerospace Industry - Protection Against China - FliegerFaust ›
- U.S. Army Flickr Page Inadvertently Reveals New Hypersonic Weapon Concept - FliegerFaust ›
- Delta to Resume Flights Between U.S. and China June 25 - FliegerFaust ›
- Airlifters Packed With 400 Paratroopers Just Practiced A Sudden Long-Range Invasion Of Guam - FliegerFaust ›
- Australia’s Pivot From Defence to Offence Counters Beijing’s ‘Military Adventurism’ in Indo-Pacific: Expert - FliegerFaust ›