Israel Is Showing America How To Best Use The F-35 Stealth Fighter
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
April 12, 2020 - by Sebastien Roblin for nationalinterest.org
On May 22, Israeli Air Force commander Amikam Norkin announced that its F-35I stealth fighters had flown on two combat missions on "different fronts," showing as proof a photograph of an F-35 overflying Beirut.
While details on those missions have not been released—apparently, they were not deployed in a massive Israeli air attack on Iranian forces in Syria that took place on May 9—this nonetheless apparently confirmed the first combat operations undertaken by any variant of the controversial stealth jet, which is currently entering service with the militaries of ten countries after undergoing over two decades of development.
In fact, Israel's F-35I Adir—or "Mighty Ones"—will be the only F-35 variant to enter service heavily tailored to a foreign country's specifications.
There had been plans for a Canadian CF-35, with a different refueling probe and drogue-parachute to allow landing on short Arctic air strips, but Ottawa...
- This NATO Member Regrets Buying America's F-35 Stealth Fighter ... ›
- Stealthy No More? A German Radar Vendor Tracked The F-35 — F ... ›
- The Russian Military Hypersonic Weapon Now Operational - Flying ... ›
- China May Have Operational Anti-Satellite (ASAT) Program, Reports ... ›
- Thought the F-35 Was Powerful? You Don't Know What Is Coming ... ›