The first FCAS prototypes are expected to fly by 2026
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
July 12, 2020 - by Mark Episkopos for nationalinterest.org
- The first FCAS prototypes are expected to fly by 2026.
Here's What You Need to Remember: More than just a plane or series of systems, FCAS has become a crucial next chapter in the emergence of a common European defense industry.
France and Germany have unveiled their much-anticipated Future Combat System (FCAS) at this year's Paris Air Show, formally entering the global race for a sixth-generation fighter.
FCAS is the successor to aircraft manufacturer Dassault's four-decade old, fourth-generation Rafale fighter, boasting a bubble canopy design accompanied by what appears to be a fully digitized onboard display. FCAS is significantly larger than its predecessor, but—as with virtually all other fifth and likely sixth generation stealth fighters—will likely only come in a single seat version.
Given France's dedication to a Carrier Strike Group naval doctrine, carrier-compatible FCAS variants are all but guaranteed.
FCAS adheres closely to the...
- This NATO Member Regrets Buying America's F-35 Stealth Fighter ... ›
- F-35: ONE Engine is Safer than TWO!?? - Says Pratt & Whitney ... ›
- Why Does Each F-35 Pilot Helmet Cost US$400,000? How Many ... ›
- Israel 'Modified' Their F-35 Stealth Fighters. The Results Speak for ... ›