Mitsubishi Suspends SpaceJet (MRJ) Flight Test in U.S.
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
April 10, 2020 - by chunichi.co.jp
Due to the spread of the new coronavirus, flight tests in the United States of the Japanese jet airliner "SpaceJet (SJ, formerly MRJ)" developed by Mitsubishi Aircraft (Toyoyama-cho, Aichi) have been suspended.
Although the development schedule is already significantly behind the initial schedule, there is a concern that prolonged infections will cause further delays.
According to the company, SJ has been conducting flight tests at its Washington, U.S. site to obtain the type certification (TC) required for commercialization. Development is in the "final stage" in order to deliver the first unit in and after FY2021, but testing has been suspended at local sites since late March.
The latest test aircraft was scheduled to be...
- Mitsubishi plans Montreal aircraft design centre after Bombardier ... ›
- Will Mitsubishi ever be able to recoup a huge investment it made in ... ›
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries rethinking Spacejet delivery schedule ... ›
- CRJ To Disappear in 2020 - Mirabel & Belfast Jobs At Rick ... ›
- Mitsubishi Ends 2019 With ~500 Commitments For SpaceJet ... ›
- Mitsubishi Heavy to Halt SpaceJet Mass Production And Halve Staff - FliegerFaust ›
- Mitsubishi SpaceJet Retreat Is The Best News For Embraer In Months - FliegerFaust ›
- Mitsubishi Write-Down The Value Of CRJ Program Acquired from Canada's Bombardier - FliegerFaust ›
- So Long, Samurai: Japan Bids Farewell To Its Final Frontline Phantoms - FliegerFaust ›