Mitsubishi Heavy to Halt SpaceJet Mass Production And Halve Staff
The new cutbacks will go further than cost-cutting plans announced earlier this month.
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
May 22, 2020 - by Nikkei staff writers for nikkei.com
- The new cutbacks will go further than cost-cutting plans announced earlier this month.
Exclusive: Program workforce to be reassigned as global aircraft demand slumps
TOKYO -- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries will sharply scale down its long-troubled SpaceJet (MRJ) program as it faces a global drop in demand for the planned Japanese-made regional jet amid the coronavirus pandemic, Nikkei has learned.
Subsidiary Mitsubishi Aircraft will halt plans for mass production of the 90-seat plane owing partly to delays in parts deliveries, according to an internal notice sent to staff.
The pandemic, which has stalled the process for receiving type certification...
- Mitsubishi Aerospace Problems - FliegerFaust ›
- Will Mitsubishi ever be able to recoup a huge investment it made in ... ›
- Mitsubishi Suspends SpaceJet (MRJ) Flight Test in U.S. - FliegerFaust ›
- Boeing closes the door on Embraer, opens one open for Mitsubishi ... ›
- CRJ To Disappear in 2020 - Mirabel & Belfast Jobs At Rick ... ›
- Mitsubishi SpaceJet Retreat Is The Best News For Embraer In Months - FliegerFaust ›