Mitsubishi Ends 2019 With ~500 Commitments For SpaceJet
Mitsubishi was the launch customer of the Pratt & Whitney GTF engine family
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
January 22, 2020 - by Scott Hamilton for leehamnews.com
Mitsubishi Aircraft Corp. (MITAC) ended 2019 with 495 commitments for the M100 SpaceJets from multiple continents, LNA learned.
All but 100 from US regional carrier Mesa Airlines are unidentified.
Mesa announced a commitment for 50 firm orders and 50 options in September at the US Regional Airline Assn. annual meeting in Nashville.
MITAC wouldn't comment, but LNA understands that commitments come from North America and Europe. It's unclear if additional commitments are from Asia.
Japan's ANA and Japan Air Lines are launch customers for the M90 SpaceJet, previously called the MRJ90. This model was rebranded in June at the Paris Air Show when the M100 SpaceJet program was launched.
The SpaceJet is powered by the Pratt & Whitney Geared Turbo Fan engine. It's not recognized that Mitsubishi was the launch customer of the GTF family.
Bombardier followed with the CSeries. Airbus and Irkut were next, with Embraer bringing up the rear...
- Montreal Facility Is The Next Step for SpaceJet Program - FliegerFaust ›
- Mitsubishi Aircraft mining Wichita for Aviation Talent - FliegerFaust ›
- CRJ To Disappear in 2020 - Mirabel & Belfast Jobs At Rick ... ›
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries rethinking Spacejet delivery schedule ... ›
- Mitsubishi Aerospace Problems - FliegerFaust ›