"Russia is establishing a long-term military deployment on the Venezuelan island of La Orchila, in the Caribbean"
A response to the US government's decision to withdraw from the Intermediate Range Nuclear Forces Treaty
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
December 18, 2018 - by Novaya Gozeta for Aporrea
According to information released by Russian press sources, the Russian government has decided to establish a long-term military presence on the Venezuelan island of La Orchila, located 200 kilometers northeast of Caracas.
The role of the Venezuelan government itself is not clarified in the notes. The measure appears to be a response to the US government's decision to withdraw from the Intermediate Range Nuclear Forces Treaty (INF) and as a deterrent to continued threats from the US government. against Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro.
According to the Russian state news agency TASS "the Russian authorities have made a decision (and Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro did not object) to deploy strategic aircraft to one of the islands of Venezuela in the Caribbean Sea, which has a naval base and a military airfield. "
- Video: Russian Tu-160 Strategic Bombers Land in Venezuela Few ... ›
- israeli and canadian companies team up on breakthrough spy drones ›
- Russian jet flies within 5 feet of US Navy plane, Pentagon says ... ›
- Russia Has a Stealth Fighter Problem... - FliegerFaust ›
- The US Military Isn't Just Worried About Russia's Fighter Jets In Libya But Also Who's Flying Them - FliegerFaust ›
- Analysis: The Asia-Pacific Arms Race Has Taken An Ominous Turn... - FliegerFaust ›