This NATO Member Regrets Buying America's F-35 Stealth Fighter
When it comes to the F-35 and U.S.-European defense collaboration, just one thing would make the Americans even happier. The Danes buying even more F-35s - Denmark seemed to believe that the F-35 would be much cheaper and more capable than it actually is.
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
January 13, 2020 - by David Axe for nationalinterest.org
- The acquisition is a troubled one. The government's justification of the proposed acquisition included lots of bad assumptions. Denmark seemed to believe that the F-35 would be much cheaper and more capable than it actually is.
- When it comes to the F-35 and U.S.-European defense collaboration, just one thing would make the Americans even happier. The Danes buying even more F-35s.
The U.S. ambassador to Denmark wants the Nordic country to buy more American-designed F-35 stealth fighters.
Ambassador Carla Sands's advocacy for a "made-in-America" warplane should come as no surprise. But leaving aside the benefit to U.S. industry, Sands has a point. Denmark has too few fighters.
Of course, it's in part the fault of the country's determination to buy the F-35 that it stands little chance of growing its fighter fleet. The radar-evading warplane probably wasn't the best choice for an air arm that struggles to maintain adequate aerial capacity for a meaningful contribution to international security.
Sands "is concerned that NATO's aircraft power and surveillance capacities are not enough in the Arctic and that Denmark should fulfill three-year-old promises to strengthen defense and surveillance there," Danish news outlet CPH Post reported....
- Why Does Each F-35 Pilot Helmet Cost US$400,000? How Many ... ›
- Stealthy No More? A German Radar Vendor Tracked The F-35 — F ... ›
- Israel 'Modified' Their F-35 Stealth Fighters. The Results Speak for ... ›
- The Russians are Screwing with the GPS System to Send Bogus ... ›
- My Letter to the Editor of New York Times Magazine - by Capt. “Sully ... ›
- Germany Recently Eliminated The Lockheed Martin F-35 Stealth Fighter From The Competition - Why Not Canada? - FliegerFaust ›
- Bombardier To Cut Workforce By Another 400 - FliegerFaust ›
- Ten Reasons Why the F-35 Remains the World's Dominant Stealth Fighter - If You Need Stealth... - FliegerFaust ›