The Boeing 737 MAX Disaster Could Help Airbus Dominate the Paris Air Show
The Boeing 737 MAX grounding has given Airbus a huge advantage over its American rival heading into the most important sales event of the year.
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
June 11, 2019 - by Adam Levine-Weinberg for fool.com
- The Boeing 737 MAX grounding has given Airbus a huge advantage over its American rival heading into the most important sales event of the year.
That will give Airbus (NASDAQOTH:EADSY) a huge advantage at next week's Paris Air Show, the most important sales event of the year for aircraft manufacturers. That said, there's no guarantee that Airbus will be able to cash in on its rival's current woes.
Boeing faces two big headwinds
The 737 MAX grounding represents the biggest obstacle to Boeing having a big Paris Air Show order haul. While most industry insiders believe the Boeing 737 MAX will be perfectly safe following the pending software, cockpit, and pilot-training changes, it will take a while to convince everyday travelers. Thus, even if airline executives aren't worried about the 737 MAX's safety, they may hesitate to place new orders right now for fear of a customer backlash.
Can Airbus capitalize on Boeing's woes?
Aside from (potentially) launching the A321XLR, Airbus's main objective at the Paris Air Show will be to capitalize on Boeing's current weakness...
- Boeing Loses Veteran Jetliner Salesmen at Crucial Time ... ›
- A380 was success for Airbus, says new CEO - FliegerFaust ›
- PIPs Planned for A220 to Improve Operating Costs - FliegerFaust ›
- Airbus now, by some measures, is the No. 1 airliner company in the ... ›
- Boeing’s Renton Plant May Close From 2033 - Airbus Has The Design For An A220-500... - FliegerFaust ›