The Pentagon Just Bought a Bunch of F-35s
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
- The U.S. military just placed an order for 78 F-35 jets, to be divided among the three flying services.
- At the same time, the Marine Corps warned it is short pilots and could end up buying fewer fighters.
- A nonprofit think tank also reports the F-35 still has nine serious flaws that could cause death, injury, or major damage to the aircraft.
The U.S. Military just placed an order for 78 new F-35 Joint Strike Fighters, a $4.7 billion agreement that will provide planes for the U.S. Air Force, Navy, and Marine Corps. The announcement comes as the Marines signal they don't have enough pilots to fly its planes and could eventually cut the number of aircraft the service orders.
The purchase agreement, announced March 31, orders 78 F-35 Joint Strike Fighters from manufacturer Lockheed Martin, for a total cost of $4,708,927,970.
- $1,000,000,000,000 F-35 Stealth Fighter: 873 Software Flaws and ... ›
- The US Air Force Wants To Buy Five E-11A - Built Using Bombardier ... ›
- Leaked Documents Show Pentagon Was Studying UFO-Related ... ›
- “All hell breaking loose”: How the Pentagon is planning for climate ... ›