A Year Since The Lion Air JT610 Crash
A brand new Boeing 737 MAX 8
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
October 28, 2019 - by Bjorn Fehrm for leehamnews.com
Tomorrow it's one year since the crash of Lion Year JT610 into the sea in Indonesia. The aircraft which went down was a brand new Boeing 737 MAX 8 and the world was stunned how such a new aircraft could crash.
The crash triggered the deepest crisis in Boeing's 100-year history and revealed shortcomings in Boeing's and FAA's airworthiness work and supervision.
The Lion Air JT610 final report was issued Friday and we now know what happened.
A report with many recommendations
The report is giving detailed information about what happened and also investigates the chain of events that led to the crash. Based on these investigations it points to deficiencies and makes recommendations in the following areas:
- Boeing's aircraft design and verification for the 737 MAX, not only about a faulty design of MCAS but also regarding confusing flight instrument information to the crew and inadequate documentation and training.
- FAA's inadequate oversight of Boeing's work regarding 737 MAX safety.
- The deficiencies in the...
- Accident at Fiumicino: pieces of plane fall on roofs and cars, "a man ... ›
- Video - The real reason Boeing's New Plane Crashed Twice ... ›
- Plane crash lands in California's Mojave desert - They Video Their ... ›
- The Boy Who Survived a Plane Crash in Alaska... - FliegerFaust ›
- See How Canadian Search & Rescue Comes and Save You - Plane ... ›