Snowbird Crash Could Have Been Cause By Bird Strike - Investigation
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
June 1, 2020 - by Royal Canadian Air Force
Location: Kamloops, BC
Date: 17 May 2020
Status: Investigation Ongoing
On 17 May 2020 the Snowbirds air demonstration team was scheduled to depart Kamloops, BC to reposition to Comox, BC as part of Operation INSPIRATION, an operation undertaken by 431 (AD) Sqn to travel around multiple sites across Canada to support COVID-19 front line workers.
Aircraft CT114161 was #2 of a formation of two CT114 Tutor aircraft. Two occupants were on board the aircraft, the pilot and the team's public affairs officer.
After take-off aircraft CT114161 was observed gaining altitude and departing the formation. Shortly thereafter, the aircraft initiated a left turn, followed shortly by an abrupt steep nose low attitude.
Both occupants subsequently ejected from the aircraft.
A detailed analysis of video footage recovered for the investigation revealed one bird in very close proximity to the aircraft right engine intake (see red circle in picture above) during the critical phase of take-off.
The two occupants...
- Plane crash lands in California's Mojave desert - They Video Their ... ›
- Did You Missed This: PLANE CRASH - Aircraft Plummets After Take ... ›
- Passenger pulled back on controls during takeoff before ... ›
- Nouveau Spectacle Aérien à Mirabel en Septembre 2020 - Volaria ... ›
- Canada Transportation Safety Board Says IFR Approaches Are Confusing - FliegerFaust ›
- PIA Airbus A320 Crash In Karachi Likely Caused By Pilot Error... - FliegerFaust ›
- Canadian Military Knew in 2016 Snowbirds Aircraft Ejection Seats Needed Upgrading... - FliegerFaust ›