$23 Million Lawsuit Filed Against FAA In Stunt Plane Crash That Killed New Orleans TV News Anchor Nancy Parker
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
August 17, 2020 - by Bill Hutchinson for abcnews.go.com
The family of a New Orleans TV newscaster who was killed in a stunt plane crash a year ago has filed a $23 million lawsuit against the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) claiming the agency cleared the aircraft to fly despite allegedly knowing of its history of mechanical problems.
The husband of Nancy Parker, a veteran anchor for Fox affiliate station WVUE-TV, filed the wrongful death lawsuit in U.S. District Court in New Orleans on behalf of himself and their three children.
Parker, 53, and pilot Franklin J.P. Augustus, 69, were killed on Aug. 16, 2019, when the Aerotek Pitts S-2B aircraft, registered to Drug Fighter LLC, crashed shortly after taking off from New Orleans' Lakefront Airport. Parker and Augustus were the only two people aboard the biplane, which was scheduled to do skywriting stunts, officials said.
Parker's husband, Glen Boyd, claims in the lawsuit that FAA workers were aware of airplane's "lengthy and well-known history of substandard maintenance, mechanical problems and scant flight time" when they cleared the flight for takeoff, according to the lawsuit that was filed on Aug. 6....
- IRAN Plane Crash: Why Were So Many Canadians On Board ... ›
- Search to Resume at Ottawa River Following Reports Of Plane Crash ›
- Plane Crash : A Baby and 2 Adults Killed When a Small Plane ... ›
- Dramatic Video Captures Moment Plane Crashes At Toronto-Area Airport - FliegerFaust ›
- Azerbaijan Did Shot Down Russian Helicopter - Video... - FliegerFaust ›
- Boeing vs Airbus: who develops aircraft faster? | Data - FliegerFaust ›
- Boeing ‘Inappropriately Coached’ FAA Test Pilots During 737 MAX Review - Senate Investigators Say - FliegerFaust ›
- CANADA: Seaplane Discovered Almost 100 Years After Sinking In A Lake in Province Of Quebec - FliegerFaust ›
- MORE LARGE AIRCRAFT DEATHS IN 2020 THAN 2019, DESPITE COVID - FliegerFaust ›
- Boeing 737-524 With 62 Aboard Missing After Takeoff From Jakarta - Search & Rescue Video - FliegerFaust ›