Pratt & Whitney Canada Laid Off Only 21% Of Workforce - With Full Salary - Sorry If You Work For Bombardier...
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
March 25, 2020 - by MARTIN JOLICOEUR for journaldemontreal.com
Since 11:59 p.m. Tuesday evening, the main manufacturing industry in Quebec has been plunged into almost complete silence. The Bombardiers, CAEs and Airbuses of Quebec simultaneously stopped most of their production, forcing tens of thousands of workers on forced leave.
"The situation is really heartbreaking," says David Chartrand, Quebec coordinator of AIMTA, a union affiliated with the FTQ. If everyone's health is the priority, the reality is that no one knows how long it will last. And given the current state of the economy, how many will end up being recalled. "
Like CAE, many benefit from exceptional measures allowing them to continue their activities because of their links with the military industry or the medical world. This is the case of CMC and Héroux-Devtek, whose main activities are maintained.
This is also the case for Pratt & Whitney. Out of 6000 employees, only 1250 are laid off, with full salary as a bonus...
- FAA: Corrosion in Airbus A220 and Embraer E2 Pratt & Whitney ... ›
- F-35: ONE Engine is Safer than TWO!?? - Says Pratt & Whitney ... ›
- The race between the CFM LEAP and Pratt & Whitney GTF remains ... ›
- Gearbox Replacement Order Broadened To Non-ETOPS ... ›
- Bombardier, Airbus, Pratt & Whitney, Héroux-Devtek Are Shutting ... ›
- Pratt & Whitney Canada Boeing 747SP (B74S) landing in Montreal ... ›