Pratt & Whitney Committed To Advanced GTF For Airbus
The next generation Geared Turbo Fan
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
March 30, 2020 - by Scott Hamilton for leehamnews.com
Pratt & Whitney is concurrently developing what might be termed the next generation GTF. This is an advancement over the current engine, but with more thrust and better fuel economics.
Deurloo eschews the usual Performance Improvement Package (PIP) moniker, however.
"We have been discussing with Airbus for some time, an improvement to the current configuration or our expected configuration," Deurloo said. "I think that's a testament to the geared architecture. It's given us some runway to do a little bit more on that engine.
PW has been in conversation with Airbus for the last few years about an engine that will take configuration at the end of this year, and put in an improvement.
- New name, better economics, better durability.
- Designed for the A321XLR, but greater flexibility.
- Fixing current issues.
- Features two Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-65SC Engines ›
- F-35: ONE Engine is Safer than TWO!?? - Says Pratt & Whitney ... ›
- Pratt & Whitney Canada Delivers First PW127G Engines Destined ... ›
- The race between the CFM LEAP and Pratt & Whitney GTF remains ... ›
- airBaltic Replaced 50 Airbus A220 Pratt & Whitney Engines In The ... ›
- Pratt & Whitney Canada Boeing 747SP (B74S) landing in Montreal ... ›