Pratt & Whitney Forbidden To Deliver First PW150C Engine To China AVIC - $3 Billion Contract
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
Pratt & Whitney Canada has been waiting two years for Ottawa's green light to export to China
Ottawa has for about two years prevented Pratt & Whitney from exporting aircraft engines to China in a large $ 3 billion transaction, due to risks of industrial espionage.
The Quebec company has so far been unable to obtain from the federal authorities the necessary permit to deliver the goods to its client, the Chinese aeronautical giant AVIC.
Three sources have confirmed that Pratt & Whitney Canada (P&WC) is facing particularly long delays from the federal department of Global Affairs Canada.
"By blocking the transaction, either Ottawa fears intellectual property theft or it fears the use of these engines for military purposes," we were told...
- China - New competitor to ATR and Q400 aircraft - FliegerFaust ›
- China Aerospace News - AVIS MA700 - FliegerFaust ›
- China Xian MA700 To Take To The Skies By Year-End - FliegerFaust ›
- Follow-Up: China's Reusable Experimental Spacecraft Returns To Earth After Two-Day Mystery Mission - FliegerFaust ›
- Pratt & Whitney Canada FINED For Exporting Military Software To China! - FliegerFaust ›
- Military Contractor Raytheon Cuts 15,000 Jobs Including Pratt & Whitney — CEO Still Earns Millions - FliegerFaust ›
- The Ax Falls Again At Pratt & Whitney - Cutting Another 250 Jobs In Quebec - FliegerFaust ›
- USA Bars Investment in Chinese Firms With Military Ties - FliegerFaust ›
- China Daily, Chinese Regime’s Propaganda Outlet, Spent Millions In 6 Months: Wall Street Journal, LA Times... - FliegerFaust ›
- Donald Trump’s Mooted China Sanctions To Throw Spanner In The Works Of C919 Passenger Jet Plans... - FliegerFaust ›