Pratt & Whitney Canada Could Cut More Than 500 Positions
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
April 28, 2020 - by Sylvain Larocque for journaldequebec.com
The collapse of the aviation sector could lead to the elimination of more than 500 unionized jobs at the engine manufacturer Pratt & Whitney Canada (P&WC), which is very present on the South Shore of Montreal (City of Longueuil).
"Pratt & Whitney informs us that their order book is dropping considerably and that we could face layoffs that could vary between 20% and 30% on average," wrote Daniel Guy, president of the P&WC unit. of the Unifor union, in a message to its members.
P&WC has approximately 2,400 unionized workers, so that...
- Pratt & Whitney Canada Boeing 747SP (B74S) landing in Montreal ... ›
- Pratt & Whitney Canada's Mirabel, Quebec Aerospace Centre is a ... ›
- Pratt & Whitney Canada Sues CAE for $2 Million - FliegerFaust ›
- Bombardier, Airbus, Pratt & Whitney, Héroux-Devtek Are Shutting ... ›
- The Ax Falls Again At Pratt & Whitney - Cutting Another 250 Jobs In Quebec - FliegerFaust ›