Airbus A220 Operators Advised To Monitor Pratt & Whitney Engine Over Stall Risk
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
May 1, 2020 - by David Kaminski-Morrow for flightglobal.com
Carriers using Airbus A220s (formerly Bombardier CSeries) are being advised to monitor the operating performance of low-pressure compressors, to warn of stalls, following measures to address engine failures on the type.
A220s are fitted with Pratt & Whitney PW1500G powerplants, which have been the subject of scrutiny following a series of engine failures involving Swiss and Air Baltic aircraft.
Analysis has indicated that the low-pressure compressor's stage-one rotor was vulnerable to...
- Pratt & Whitney Canada's Mirabel, Quebec Aerospace Centre is a ... ›
- FAA: Corrosion in Airbus A220 and Embraer E2 Pratt & Whitney ... ›
- Pratt & Whitney Canada Could Cut More Than 500 Positions ... ›
- airBaltic Replaced 50 Airbus A220 Pratt & Whitney Engines In The ... ›
- Pratt & Whitney Canada Boeing 747SP (B74S) landing in Montreal ... ›