Rolls-Royce Takes Another £800 Million (over US $1 Billion) Hit To Fix Problem Engine - Trent 1000
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
November 7, 2019 - by Paul Sandle for reuters.com
The bill to fix Rolls-Royce's (RR.L) Trent 1000 engine has risen by another £800 million as the aerospace group battles to reduce disruption to airline customers that have had to ground Boeing 787 passenger planes for repairs.
The Trent is one of two engine options for the Boeing 787, which can also be powered by rival GE Aviation's (GE.N) GEnx engines.
East said the Trent 1000 problem was durability rather than reliability, but the company had struggled to fix one issue on blades on the TEN variant.
The solution it had found would require additional investment in maintenance capacity across a number of sites and spare engines to reduce disruption, he said.
- Bombardier Celebrates Entry-into-service of the Global 6500 Jet ... ›
- Rolls-Royce Buys Siemens' Electric Aircraft Business - FliegerFaust ›
- Rolls-Royce Delivering Pearl 15s for Bombardier's New Global 5500 ... ›
- Rolls-Royce Guns for Electric Airplane Speed Record - Meet the ... ›
- Rolls-Royce Letting Go 9000 Workers - FliegerFaust ›