Russia’s United Aircraft Corporation (UAC) pitches MC-21 and CR929 at Dubai Air Show
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
November 21, 2019 - by Richard Schuurman for airinsight.com
Russia's United Aircraft Corporation (UAC) has used the Dubai Air Show to pitch its commercial aircraft projects for closer cooperation with Arabian and international partners, the company said in a post-show press release on November 21.
Talks involved Russia's latest airliner, the Irkut MC-21, which currently is in the midst of its certification program with both the Russian and European EASA-authorities.
While mainly a national program, the MC-21 includes international partners such as Pratt & Whitney for the PW-1400G Geared Turbofan as well as suppliers for carbon composite parts including the wings. Especially the latter activity has felt the impact of US and European economic sanctions, restricting the import of sophisticated products.
The UAC-release doesn't specify if the talks in Dubai involved composites, but it quoted UAC's CEO Yuri Slyusar as saying that “we are particularly considering...
- "Russia is establishing a long-term military deployment on the ... ›
- Russia Mulls a Larger MiG-35 Contract... - FliegerFaust ›
- Russia's Aeroflot scales back Sukhoi Superjet flights after fatal crash ... ›
- Russia develops super heavy 500-ton Elephant transport aircraft ... ›
- Russia And China Have Been Applying All New Technologies To ... ›